The Benefits of Gender Equality Are Far Reaching & ComprehensiveAccording to a McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) report, "a best in region scenario in which all countries match the rate of improvement of the fastest-improving country in their region could add as much as $12 trillion, or 11 percent, in annual 2025 GDP.
In a full potential scenario in which women play an identical role in labour markets to that of men, as much as $28 trillion, or 26 percent, could be added to global annual GDP by 2025. MGI’s full-potential estimate is about double the average estimate of other recent studies, reflecting the fact that MGI has taken a more comprehensive view of gender inequality in work".
Economists in the Journal of Human Capital have adduced that if the gender labour gap were completely closed, per capita GDP would be 15 percent higher among Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development countries. For Latin America, the per capita gain from closing the gap would be a whopping 17 percent.
UN Sustainable Development Goals Rely On Achieving a Stronger Measure of Gender-EqualityThe United Nations estimates that women could increase their income globally by up to 76 percent if the employment participation gap and the wage gap between women and men were closed. This is calculated to have a global value of $17 trillion.
The U.N. also reports that companies greatly benefit from increasing leadership opportunities for women, which has proven to improve organizational effectiveness. It is estimated that companies with three or more women in senior management functions score better in all scales of organizational effectiveness.
According to the United Nations' sustainable development experts, while the world has achieved progress towards gender equality and women’s empowerment under the Millennium Development Goals (including equal access to primary education between girls and boys), "women and girls continue to suffer discrimination and violence in every part of the world."
Concurrently gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
"Providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, decent work, and representation in political and economic decision-making processes will fuel sustainable economies and benefit societies and humanity at large."
More Startling Highlights from the MGI 2015 StudyMGI has mapped 15 gender-equality indicators for 95 countries and finds that 40 of them have high or extremely high levels of gender inequality on at least half of the indicators. The indicators fall into four categories: equality in work, essential services and enablers of economic opportunity, legal protection and political voice, and physical security and autonomy.
Says McKinsey Global Institute, "We consider a 'full potential' scenario in which women participate in the economy identically to men and find that it would add up to $28 trillion, or 26 percent, to annual global GDP by 2025 compared with a business-as-usual scenario. This impact is roughly equivalent to the size of the combined Chinese and US economies today. We also analyzed an alternative “best in region” scenario in which all countries match the progress toward gender parity of the fastest-improving country in their region. This would add as much as $12 trillion in annual 2025 GDP, equivalent in size to the current GDP of Germany, Japan, and the United Kingdom combined, or twice the likely growth in global GDP contributed by female workers between 2014 and 2025 in a business-as-usual scenario." * Funds are in $USD
RINJ Looks at The Gender-Equality-Antithetic Misogynist
Being a woman in the 21st Century has its complications.
Authoritarian rule is gradually replacing democracy. Despite the extreme economic and functional disadvantages, authoritarians are typically both personality disordered and misogynists.
Femisecution is the prosecution and persecution of women who seek the rights of women, human rights in other words, in a world of oligarchs and authoritarian patriarchs.
The RINJ Foundation has accused authoritarian governments of extreme Femiscution including deprivation of freedom and severe physical or psychological abuse or both. Victims include: Amal al-Harbi, Eman al-Nafjan, Hatoon al-Fassi, Leila De Lima, Leni Robredo, Lina al-Hathloul, Loujain al-Hathloul, Maria Ressa, Nassima al-Sadah, Nouf Abdelaziz, Samar Badawi, and Shadan al-Anezi. Learn these names. These women and many others are living martyrs for the cause against 'femisecution'. These courageous women have been attacked by authoritarian leaders using everything in their state's arsenals including illegitimate 'lawfare' and even violent abuse to muzzle the women's voices. That is the impact of crumbling, decaying democracies such as Russia, the United States, Turkey and The Philippines.
Like Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte, Turkey's Recep Erdogan, USA's former president, the double-impeached Donald Trump, North Korea's Kim Jong-un---they score as fascists on the California F-scale and in the fifth release of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders would be considered something akin to sociopaths with narcissistic traits.
They have a power advantage over you inasmuch as they completely lack empathy (conscience) and have an obsession with power and control. That also describes the worst of rapists.
For example, in early February 2018, Rodrogo Duterte of the Philippines told his Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) troops to shoot female opponents in their vagina.
Rodrigo Duterte, Under ICC 'examination' for crimes against humanity.
Duterte jokes about offering virgins for tourists to rape. Many tourists have done that in the millions. Duterte jokes about raping dead Australians. (He said he wanted to go first in the gang rape of Jacqueline Hamill.)
In May 2017 Duterte told Filipino AFP troops backed by American troops in Marawi against marauding members of the Islamic Community rebelling against government abuses of Muslims in Mindanao to rape three women each with impunity. That was no joke. RINJ humanitarians have met survivors of Marawi who also say "rape is no joke".
The International Criminal Court announced in early February 2018 that it is 'examining' a possible case of Crime Against Humanity against Duterte and eleven other of his junta members.
Being a misogynist is not good for country. The January 2018 "Rule of Law Index" reports the Philippines has dropped eighteen levels to 88th place in the world because of rule-of-law failures and human rights violations. (World Justice Project 2017-2018 Rule of Law Report) That means that the Philippines joins Venezuela as one of the worst places to live because you should verily believe there is no safety for women and children.
Here you stand, woman, in this time of near-global-war, but in China you were lucky to be born because families that were only permitted by the government to have one child killed off their infant girls before birth in order to raise their preferred option: a male child.
Look at these images. Misogyny? Yes.
Three things standing in the way of gender-equality:
- Many authoritarian men are also misogynists.
- Their gender runs the world. (You live on a patriarchal planet.)
- Authoritarianism seems to be replacing democracy in the 21st century.
Meet The Patriarchs - Misogyny Reins Supreme in the '21st'
And then there is ReligionThe devoutest Catholics, especially the Opus Dei, want you at "home, dear". Your job is washing up, caring for the kids and making lots of Catholic babies. Birth control means you stay in your own room until it is time to procreate (make a baby). Then you can trundle off to your husband's room when summoned and 'do your duty'. And Don't touch yourself while you are couped up in your cubbyhole! That's a sin.
We are in a time when Islamists like Boko Harem, Abu Sayeff, Maute, Islamic State are kidnapping many thousands of women and female children,
- enslaving them;
- putting many on the auction block;
- raping, torturing;
- brutally killing thousands; and
- raping and impregnating women as a method of genocide (like the Yezidi women in the Middle East).
What is truly shocking beyond comprehension is that many woman (some women are misogynists too) rushed to join the Islamic State as jihadist member wives and slaves. (click link to see video.) we have seen how incredibly brutal they have been treated. Many jihadist brides did not survive the experience. Many escaped.
Each one of us surrendering to love, social cooperation and altruism versus hatred, separation and greed, will change our current path. We need to make a change because misogyny barters with extinction and its end game is species extermination. - The RINJ Foundation
Rape and Sexual Assault are a form of Misogyny. Rape is always about power and control over another.
These men are misogynists!In past centuries until this current day, men who were hailed as church fathers, patriarchs, doctors, leaders, and even saints boldly expressed their views that females are inferior and loathsome.
Turkey's President Recep Erdogan said exactly that recently about women in Turkey. He explained at length why God shared his perspective just as men have done for centuries.
All over the world women endure:
- Dating violence
- Domestic and intimate partner violence
- Emotional abuse
- Human trafficking
- Same-sex relationship violence
- Sexual assault and abuse
- Violence against immigrant and refugee women
- Violence against women at work
- Violence against women with disabilities
Disparate circumstances of the "haves" versus the "have-nots" are almost a secret in the West but technology and over population will soon weaken much of the strength of borders.
You might be sitting in North America thinking, "that doesn't happen". Umm. Yes it does. You represent in all of North America about 4% of the world's population. The rest of the people are coming to you. As the world population grows to nine billion there is no stopping the melting pot that is on the threshold of boiling.
Yes, the misogynists don't have name-badges and they may even come across as pro-woman.
In most cases, misogynists do not even know that they hate women. Misogyny is typically an unconscious hatred that men form early in life, often as a result of a trauma involving a female figure they trusted. An abusive or negligent mother, sister, teacher or girlfriend can plant a seed deep down in their brain's subcortical matter.
Once planted, this seed will germinate and begin to grow, the tiny root working its way into the fear processing and memory areas of the brain as its tiny stem works its way into frontal areas of the brain, affecting emotion and rational decision-making.
The first signs of misogyny are barely noticeable, but with additional exposure to neglect, abuse, or lack of treatment, this behavioral seeding will grow larger and more prominent.
But even when the misogyny reaches maturity and the tendency toward acting with hatred toward women can no longer be controlled, the misogynist and the women around him will often fail to notice the condition until it's too late.
Terrorists & Seriously Personality Disordered Persons are MisogynistsAbu Bakr al-Baghdadi is actually Abu Du'a who is listed at the United Nations Security Council 1267/1989 al-Qaeda Sanctions Committee. Abu Du'a is also a Specially Designated Global Terrorist under U.S. Executive Order 13224. He is wanted by The RINJ Foundation for prosecution in the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity including Gender-Based Violence and Genocide.
But The Typical Misogynyst is a "Shallow Nobody"
- He will zero in on a woman and choose her as his target.
- Her natural defenses may be down because he's flirtatious, exciting, fun, and charismatic at first.
- As time goes on, he begins to reveal a Jekyll & Hyde personality.
- He may change quickly from irresistible to rude, and from rude back to irresistible.
- He will make promises to women and often fail to keep them.
- With men, on the other hand, he will almost always keep his word.
- He will be late for appointments and dates with women, but be quite punctual with men.
- His behavior toward women in general is grandiose, cocky, controlling, and self-centered.
- He is extremely competitive, especially with women.
- If a woman does better than him socially or professionally, he feels terrible.
- If a man does better, he may have mixed feelings about it but he is able to look at the situation objectively.
- He will unknowingly treat women differently from men in workplace and social settings, allowing men various liberties for which he will criticize female colleagues or friends.
- He will be prepared (unconsciously) to use anything within his power to make women feel miserable.
- He may demand sex or withhold sex in his relationships, make jokes about women or put them down in public, "borrow" their ideas in professional contexts without giving them credit, or borrow money from them without paying them back.
- On a date, he will treat a woman the opposite of how she prefers. If she is an old-style lady who prefers a "gentleman" who holds the door for her, orders for both and pays for the meal, he will treat her like one of his male buddies, order for himself, and let her pay for the whole meal if she offers (and sometimes even if she doesn't).
- If she is a more independent type who prefers to order her own meal and pay for herself, he will rudely order for both and pay the check while she goes to the bathroom.
- Sexually, he likes to control women and gives little or no attention to their sexual pleasure.
- Foreplay, if it occurs at all, is only a necessary means to an end. He likes oral sex but only as a recipient.
- His favorite positions enable him to avoid looking the woman in her eyes.
- He will cheat on women he is dating or in a relationship with. Monogamy is the last thing he feels he owes a woman.
- He may suddenly disappear from a relationship without ending it, but may come back three months later with an explanation designed to lure the woman back in.
- Only rarely will a misogynist possess every one of these traits, which makes it harder to identify them. Their ability to lure women in with their charm and charisma adds to the difficulty of spotting the early-warning signs.
- Women haters (unconsciously) get off on treating women badly. Every time they can put down a woman or hurt her feelings, they unconsciously feel good because deep down in their hidden brain, their bad behavior is rewarded with a dose of the pleasure chemical dopamine--which makes them want to repeat the behavior again and again.
What have you learned so far about Misogyny?
- Misogyny barters with extinction.
- Misogyny's end game is species extermination.
- Each one of us surrendering to love, social cooperation and altruism versus hatred, separation and greed, will change this path.
Women Misogynists on Social MediaAnonymity allows abuse to flourish on the internet in social media, for reasons people would never be so casually rude or nasty in person. The mob mentality prevails and women set upon the pretty one or the successful ones with a torrent of ugliness and cruelty unimaginable before the days of Facebook. What a horrible 'place' that can be. Yes, sad, angry men sitting on their beds in underpants, hating women unattainable to them? Yes, that happens, there are plenty of those and their railings on social media are not too hard to identfy.
Polly Toynbee of The Guardian notes that the shock is that "most abuse comes from very young women, directed at other women". This is playground behaviour taken to another level, where all the world can see on Facebook or Twitter the petty malice and spite young girls spit out at one another and at other women they envy or resent.
Famous MisogynistsSee if you can identify each of their pictures on this page.
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - leader of an outlawed Islamist Cult
- Muammar Gaddafi - Deceased Dictator of Libya and mysogynist (Pictured with Erdogan below)
- Ferdinand Marcos - Deceased Former Filipino Dictator recently buried a hero by fellow despot and Misogynist Duterte
- Donald Trump - US President Elect and Mosogynist-in-Chief plus accused rapist.
- Pat Robertson - Evangelist
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan - Turkish President
- Vladimir Putin - Russian Authoritarian Leader
- Rodrigo Duterte - Filipino Despot
- Robert Mugabe - Dictator Zimbabwe
- Hillary Clinton - Keeper of the Blue Dress
- Kim Jong Un - North Korean Dictator