We are The RINJ Foundation (Rape Is NO Joke) and can be found at http://www.facebook.com/rape.is.no.joke
Let’s keep it real. Some of the content we are opposing online and in traditional media is about real violence (rape), not humour. There are gangs of males organizing rave rapes by hunting out LG’s (little girls); ‘prepping’ them for the big party; drugging and raping them at the party while the events are video taped; and then publishing the videos on Facebook and elsewhere on other internet sites. They think this is funny. It seems to take us forever to get these pics and videos off Facebook. Why?
Knowledge of these types of events inspired the the founders to create The RINJ Foundation.
We are talking about the constant threats; eventual attempts; and actual rapes that are planned directly or indirectly on Facebook. We are not opposed to joking. We are opposed to sexual assault of women and children and a culture that sugegsts such crimes are acceptable. We are opposed to rape.
We know what we are doing and we know what we are talking about or we wouldn’t be volunteering our time.
Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) sets out: …[Freedom of speech and expression may] “therefore be subject to certain restrictions” when necessary “for respect of the rights or reputation of others” or “for the protection of national security or of public order, or of public health or morals”
In short, do as you will, say what you want, but harm no one.
Rape is harmful. Rape is the fastest growing crime on planet earth.
Rapes are planned in Facebook groups, carried out and the bragging rights are later claimed in pictures and videos subsequently published on Facebook.
There is nothing about rape that is a joke although many people from among the ‘great unwashed’ seem to be laughing and many others seem to be screaming “freedom of speech”.
Who are the “great unwashed”? In the last five years the income of 3% of the population rose 245%. Income of 97% rose a pittance of 18% while costs rose 28%. The “great unwashed” is the have-nots, the ones losing their homes (or already lost them); the working poor or those headed for that status. Who calls them the “great unwashed”? The 3% enjoying all the wealth (government officials, politicians, politicrats, system embeds, corporate leaders and so on). All of these people in that top 3% make their wealth on the backs of the other 97%. Meanwhile the gap between rich and poor is increasing and the decadence of the rich at the expense of the poor is increasing.
So many of the financial elite in modern society are people who are making millions from advertising placed on free internet content, rife with rape; child-porn; child molestation; female objectification; sexual assault; sex trade; and worse. That’s free content supplied by malcontents, sociopaths, perverts, rapists, paedophiles and losers. Where? Social networking sites like Facebook and YouTube.
You have all the freedom of speech you want until you do harm.
As global population climbed above 7 billion climbing rapidly toward 8 billion, the disparity between the “haves” and the “have-nots” is enormous. Anger over this gap in prosperity levels is on the rise. Something else that is on the rise is rape and the objectification of women and children. Why? Because in an overpopulated world, women and children have become far less important. Pro-creation is not a priority; might even be a curse in some areas of Earth; and the rights of women and children are at risk among empathy-lacking two dimensional people.
At a time when some experts suggest the rate of sociopathy might have hit one out of three persons within certain cultures on Earth, the number of empathy-lacking people is clearly on the rise inb some cultures.
We see many of these angry, hateful people disrespecting the rights and safety of women and children everywhere but for some reason, Facebook, an ungoverned corporation without moral compass and with only greed as its motivation, has come to bring grave harm to 51 % of the globes population: women and girls.
That harm is what we see and seek to end.
– The RINJ Foundation