U.N. Plan To Counter Sex Crimes In War
BRITAIN AUGMENTS UN PLANS TO COUNTER SEX CRIMES IN WAR
The RINJ Foundation (Rape Is No Joke) vigorously applauded the UK team of lawyers, human rights campaigners, psychologists, forensic experts and doctors, who will gather evidence about sexual violence in war zones in support of UN teams and local charities. The initiative is expected to be in place by the end of the year.
The United Kingdom will create a special rapid deployment unit to collect evidence on mass rape used as a weapon during global conflicts.
The RINJ Foundation has applauded this new unit which will support the UN Action Against Sexual Violence in Conflict (UN Action) initiative which is intended to unite the work of 13 UN entities with the goal of ending sexual violence in conflict. It is a concerted effort by the UN system to improve coordination and accountability, amplify programming and advocacy, and support national efforts to prevent sexual violence and respond effectively to the needs of survivors.
“The UN estimates that only 30 convictions have been made from an estimated 50,000 rapes committed during the 1990s Balkans conflict, during which sexual attacks were often used as a weapon of war and a tool of ethnic cleansing. Atrocities have also been particularly widespread in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda and theDarfur region of Sudan.” ‘The Guardian’
The Following is a RINJ dot Org WireService.ca Press Release June 8, 2012
The RINJ Foundation thoroughly endorses the U.K. campaign.
The RINJ Foundation also commends Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie who has come forward to endorse the U.K. Anti-Rape Campaign. Her humanitarian efforts have spanned the globe with positive renown.
Angelina Jolie recently directed a movie, ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ which won the Producers Guild Stanley Kramer award for illuminating provocative social issues in its story about the war in the former Yugoslavian states.
The Balkan war in Bosnia-Herzegovina was especially troubling after the failure of Western European Union and then the United Nations’ failure to deal with the problems, post-Tito. By the time NATO came to the rescue at least 500,000 people had been murdered in an ethnic cleansing effort of such brutality that many UN workers are disabled for life after just seeing a tiny piece of this horror.
Knowing that ‘only 30 convictions have been made from an estimated 50,000 rapes committed during the Bosnian War’ should make every human weep, for if that epitomizes the state of the human species on this earth, we do not deserve this beautiful planet we seem to be soiling. If we could say that in stronger terms, we would.
Not lament but repair is what the world must do. As many of those 50,000 rape survivors must be helped as a part of war reparations and every criminal-rapist who can be found must be brought to justice. There must be no statutory limitation on the prosecution of this crime. Those files are open and those perpetrators are accountable for their actions meanwhile their families and their fellow citizens are accountable for financing whatever needs the survivors might have in conjunction with the matter of their victimization by these sub-human brutes who rape.
- Women & Girls Daily Raped & Killed In Syria & Iraq. (Dec 2012 – Jan 22 2013)
- More Volunteers Needed (June 5, 2014)
- U.N. Plan To Counter Sex Crimes In War (July 11, 2014)
- Genocide Emergency – Yazidis (Aug 17, 2014)
- RINJ Is Building an ICC Case Against Each ISIL Rapist (Sep 3, 2014)
- Report A Rape Crime in a War Zone (Sep 11, 2014)
- https://rinj.org/documents/war-crime/ (Read Rome statute July 2002)
- The Plight of The Yazidi People
- Good News For Some Yazidi Women
- Women and Girls are Daily Raped and Killed In Syria.
- Emergency in Northern Iraq
- “Combattants Who Rape“
- “War-Crime Defined“
- The Plight of Yazidi Females in Nineveh Becoming Extreme (March 1, 2015)
- Islamic State Caliphate +Syria +Iraq +KRI = Failed States
- RINJ Foundation Says Iraq Failed To Protect Children – Yazidis (08/31/2015)
- https://rinj.org/documents/sinjar/ (RSAC-Sinjar Doc Repository)
- Pressing Need For USA and Iraq to Rejoin ICC