When in April 2015, RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson backed up outrageous claims by Bernard Valcourt, Canada’s Minister of Aboriginal Affairs that the aboriginal people were responsible for First Canadian women who are murdered in Canada, the founding members of global women’s rights group, RINJ Women, vowed to make sure such politicians were not reelected by the women’s votes and fellow women voters. It was the last straw in a series of Harper misogyny plays against Canadian women. It was an emergency to which most of the world’s human rights activist groups responded.
Article by Geraldine Frisque, communications director for The RINJ Foundation.
Below: This was one of more than 130 “Residential Schools” operated in Canada between 1874 and 1996.
The Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc First Nation in Kamloops, B.C. on Thursday, May 27, 2021. The remains of 215 children were found buried on the site of the former residential school in Kamloops, B.C.
Missing and murdered indigenous women enumerate over ten thousand in Canada and many were killed and many were raped by RCMP officers according to court documents. Any claim as was made by the Harper government in April of 2015 that these missing or murdered women are responsible because of their race, is despicable and a resounding reason why the Harper government was defeated.
Any RCMP claim that men of the females’ own race commit the crimes against these indigenous girls and women suggests that the RCMP is shedding its responsibility to serve and protect members of First Canadian communities. That makes sense because it is a racist/misogynistic organization right down to its corporate genetics and always has been.
Anyone who gives this a thought can see why all women in Canada should be enraged.
Video: Trigger warning: Minor child recounts her rape under 2.5 hour interrogation by RCMP.
The case against the RCMP and why RINJ Women want this arcane patriarch replaced by a 50% female / 50% male police service.
That the RCMP still exists as the institutional partner in the murders of 215 children aged three and up, whose remains were found this week, is an epic malfeasance indicator that Canadian governments are still proud of their racist conduct and their f*cking crimes against indigenous women.
But that’s not the worst of it. Attached to the RCMP is a long history of rape and murder of Canadian children.
According to Maclean’s Magazine (‘The RCMP is broken’), “the iconic force is fraying under the strain of its rural policing model, tragic mistakes, an ugly past and a controversial present.”
“The RCMP’s critics say the intensely hierarchical and change-resistant culture of the force comes from the paramilitary structure, which is drilled into the heads of “cadets” when they spend six months at Depot [a sprawling facility on the outskirts of Regina, the RCMP Academy, known within the force as Depot], where they are formed into [paramilitary] “troops,” taught how to march, shoot, and arrest suspects, and learn the patriarchal traditions of the RCMP.”— Maclean’s
The RCMP was for decades an instrument of government policies that abused and killed little children of First Nation so-called “Residential Schools”. The RCMP instead of serving and protecting all Canadian families did from 1874 through 1996, forcibly drag children whom First Canadian parents tried to hide from “Residential School” (killing places).
The RINJ Foundation believes that forensic data that can be found in the mass murder burial site will condemn the RCMP and other of its partners in the Residential School system.
What we know about RCMP.
- “Tens of thousands of rapes and / or sexual misconducts against Canadian women and girls.
- “RCMP officers murder with impunity, perjury and collusion.
- “RCMP officers will shoot to kill indigenous Canadian demonstrators.
- “RINJ Women have filed formal complaints to international human rights tribunals and the International Criminal Court in the reasonable belief that the Canadian (Conservative) federal government operated a rogue paramilitary element against Canadian civilians in violation of the Canadian Constitution; in violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; in violation of the Rome Statute, and as in the past, since 1974 when these crimes first surfaced to the knowledge of the Canadian federal Parliament, it did not remediate.
- “In the past, the Canadian Federal government from the Pierre Trudeau McDonald Commission to this date have done nothing effective to stop the violent crimes, particularly against women and girls, and moreover has not ended the traditional rape culture and the misogyny of the RCMP.
- “Despite valiant efforts from within a malignant patriarch conducted by Commissioner Brenda Lucki, a bonafide Shero, RINJ members know first-hand that RCMP officers laugh at her efforts and continue sexual harassment, misogyny, rape, murder, perjury and collusion.”
The RINJ Foundation
The RCMP is a patriarch of colluding males who perjure themselves to create impunity from the courts for murder and rape. The RCMP must go.
Canadian Paramilitary RCMP may shoot to kill indigenous people. RINJ will make an international case.
What we know about RCMP. Tens of thousands of rapes and / or sexual misconducts against Canadian women and girls. RCMP officers murder with impunity, perjury and collusion. RCMP officers will shoot to kill indigenous Canadian demonstrators. RINJ Women will … Continue reading
Canada Has a Rape Culture: Missing young aboriginal women. There are too many. The Prime Minister of Canada has recently declared that this is a problem police should solve, not one for a national inquiry. With this intellectual dishonesty he … Continue reading